VMware Communities
Emilio3
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ghost snapshot files

On Workstation Pro 15 Snapshot Manager one  VM shows a string of snapshots which are not really there, but cannot be deleted because when I try to I get the message "Error deleting. A required file was not found." Is there a way to get rid of the non-existent snapshots from the snapshot manager?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

What you see in the Snapshot Manager is the graphical representation of the VM's .vmsd file's (a plain text file) contents.

However, before giving you any advice, it's important to understand the current state. Please post a complete list of file in the VM's folder, i.e the text output of either dir *.* (on a Windows host), or ls -lisa (for Linux), and also attach the VM's .vmsd file to your next rely.

André

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

What you see in the Snapshot Manager is the graphical representation of the VM's .vmsd file's (a plain text file) contents.

However, before giving you any advice, it's important to understand the current state. Please post a complete list of file in the VM's folder, i.e the text output of either dir *.* (on a Windows host), or ls -lisa (for Linux), and also attach the VM's .vmsd file to your next rely.

André

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos