VMware Communities
GilCh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Failing to apply a snapshot

Hi,

I'm trying to use snapshots without any success.

I have a snapshot of an initial state ("snp_init"). Then I create a new snapshot ("snp_1"), load the VM, do some changes, shutdown the VM. I now revert to "snp_init", load the VM and I see the changes I did in "snp_1".

It is an old VM which I converted to WS6 based on the instructions in the manual.

What am I missing?

I have VMWARE WORKSTATION 6.0.1 b 55017 on Win XP SP2.

Thanks,

Gil.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Liz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Ive not found any obvious performance difference between independant and not independant.

Yes, if you read the info against independant it says clearly that independant disks are NOT included in the snapshot. as a result you will get the results you see.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Liz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

sounds like the disk is set to independant.

0 Kudos
GilCh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

True, Independent - Persistent.

Should it be set to other setting?

BTW - do you have eaperience about performance: Which is faster: disabling snapshots and working in Independent - Persistent or working with snapshots enabled not independent?

Thanks,

Gil.

0 Kudos
Liz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Ive not found any obvious performance difference between independant and not independant.

Yes, if you read the info against independant it says clearly that independant disks are NOT included in the snapshot. as a result you will get the results you see.

0 Kudos
GilCh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You're right. I did not think of it as I used to work in Independent mode.

Thanks.

Gil.

0 Kudos
Liz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Least it has an excuse Smiley Happy nothing worse than it is doing it and no one knows why

0 Kudos