VMware Communities
ripsaw
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Chrome browser redraw issue.

I am having this annoying issue with redrawing in Chrome Browser. I am using latest VMware workstation 9 running Windows 7 64bit and the latest Google Chrome browser.

I also have a 3 screen solution hooked up with a Materox TrippleHead2Go Digital SE.

When working with Chrome it does not redraw the window correctly when switching between webpages. Part of the previous webpage is shown in the new webpage and will not go away unless I hover the mouse pointer over it, or force the window to redraw moving it back and fourth by clicking and dragging it across the screen.

It is not only previous webpages that are displayed. It could also be parts of the screen from other applications showing as a layer over the webpage in Chrome. It only happens in this browser. IE works fine.

My display adapter says "WMware virtual svga 3d graphics adapter". Driver version 7.14.1.5025.

This is driving me nuts! Any suggestions?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
riblik
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Disabling hardware acceleration does the trick.

chrome_redraw_problem.PNG

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DLLMCH
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have the same issue... the Chrome UI does not update right? but all other programs respond just fine.    

0 Kudos
ripsaw
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, that is correct. Other programs works fine. It's just Chrome that got the issue. Been trying various gfx preferences in Chrome, but have not been able to get rid of the problem.

0 Kudos
riblik
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Disabling hardware acceleration does the trick.

chrome_redraw_problem.PNG

ripsaw
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That seemed to do the trick. Thanks a million!Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
fransaal
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Might be an old thread, but it seems that this trick solved a customers problem with screen-dragging issues with Google Chrome.

0 Kudos