VMware Communities
gred22
Contributor
Contributor

how to resize a vmware workstation player macOS window

I just installed macOS on a windows 10 computer using vmware workstation player and am very satisfied so for - I gave up with virtual box.  However, the macOS window is too small.  Going to vmware full screen does not change the macOS window.  Going to system preferences in the mac and display does not offer any way to change anything.  Any suggestions?  Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You can’t discuss running MacOS on a Windows PC here on VMTN, that’s a EULA violation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome at the VMware communities forum.

Unfortunately Apple does not allow you to run a virtual macOS or OS X on non-Apple branded hardware.

Since this violates Apple's EULA (and as such the VMware Community Terms of Use), any issues you have with trying to run macOS or OS X using VMware Workstation or VMware Workstation Player cannot be discussed at this forum.

You'll need to have apple hardware and use a product like VMware Fusion or VMware ESXi and run a virtual copy of macOS / OS X on that in order for us to be able to help you.

As a result this post will be locked.

Hope you understand,

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos