VMware Communities
smily2
Contributor
Contributor

Configuring two different physical networks in my vms

Hi

I have two physical NIC's connected in my host machine , which is connected to two different networks and i want same network setup in my ubuntu vm. currently one network is configured in bridge mode but unable to add another brdige connection using second NIC card..

Anyone please help how to add two network cards to vm both in brdge mode using two diffrent NIC ...one vm should commincate with two diffrent networks..

0 Kudos
4 Replies
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Ciao 

Yes, it is possible, you have to create two different VMnets and connect them in Bridged mode to a physical network card.

You should have an auto-bridged VMnet, modify this card by associating it with a physical host card and then create a new VMnet by associating it in bridged mode with the other host net card.
I am attaching my configuration ... if you want I can also send you screenshots of how to do it

fabio1975_0-1621695789575.png

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I think you need custom networks for this: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workstation-Pro/16.0/com.vmware.ws.using.doc/GUID-5598E842-0627-48...

But Workstation Player doesn’t have the Virtual Network Editor, a Google search should help you with that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Sorry, yes it is possible only with VMware Workstation 😞

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog

0 Kudos
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Ciao

yes if you search on google there are various possibilities how to extract the network editor "Virtual Network Editor (vmnetcfg.exe)" from the VMware Workstation package ... but they are to be tried and if you have to use the production environment I suggest you buy the VMware Workstation license.

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog