VMware Cloud Community
Squigglymonkey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

list of groups I am am member of.

I am an Admin in vcenter, and I have not logged on in a couple of months. I have a ticket to do some work, but I found that many things are grayed out and the other "normal Admins" are out this week. Is there a powercli method to see what groups I am a member of?
I tried get-viaccount but that didn't yield what groups I am in.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Squigglymonkey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It is an LDAP account. I have 'solved' my issue though. Sometime in the last few months the "regular" admins made an undocumented change and moved most all of the admins to groups that have a narrower focus, IE: could only work on VM's and not any VCENTER administration. I'm fine with that, I have access to the vsphere local admin and was able to complete the work that was requested of me. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
maksym007
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Check this article: 

http://vcloud-lab.com/entries/powercli/PowerCLI-get-the-list-of-users-and-groups-from-vCenter-SSO 

And check your PowerCLI version. Maybe it should be updated. 
I am also using quite often that command 

Get-VIAccount
Squigglymonkey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, it does not show me what groups an account is a member of.

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Do you mean the Roles or the Security Groups your account belongs to?
Also, is that a local account, an SSO account, or an LDAP account?

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

Squigglymonkey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It is an LDAP account. I have 'solved' my issue though. Sometime in the last few months the "regular" admins made an undocumented change and moved most all of the admins to groups that have a narrower focus, IE: could only work on VM's and not any VCENTER administration. I'm fine with that, I have access to the vsphere local admin and was able to complete the work that was requested of me. 

0 Kudos