VMware Cloud Community
zenivox
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

VS Code and PowerCLI

Hello, I haven't found much on integrating PowerCLI and VS Code except for this article from Luc Dekens:

Visual Studio Code and PowerCLI - LucD notes  

could anyone confirm it's still up to date? Having used ISE for long and I am struggling to adjust to this new tool. I have installed PS 6 and PowerCLI 10. Many thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The features I describe in that post are still valid, but there have been of course of lot of new features added.

There are a couple of components you should consider:

• the Visual Studio Code (VSC) editor, which is an advanced editor. There are many extensions available for the VSC, ranging from specific language support to git support
  • the PowerShell extension, which provides PowerShell support in the VSC
  • VSC features like snippets, editor services.... These are nice to have, and even create yourself, but for a migration of ISE to VSC, bulet 1 and 2 are the important ones imho

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The features I describe in that post are still valid, but there have been of course of lot of new features added.

There are a couple of components you should consider:

• the Visual Studio Code (VSC) editor, which is an advanced editor. There are many extensions available for the VSC, ranging from specific language support to git support
  • the PowerShell extension, which provides PowerShell support in the VSC
  • VSC features like snippets, editor services.... These are nice to have, and even create yourself, but for a migration of ISE to VSC, bulet 1 and 2 are the important ones imho

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
zenivox
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thanks Luc, I have it up and running now, just need to use it and get used to it now...

0 Kudos