VMware Networking Community
Yasser_
Contributor
Contributor

slowness in VDI VMs only for 10 min in random days

Hi

I have a the following problem :

I have VDI VMware view version 6 , the deployment done in 6 Esxi Host version 6.02 connected to Fujitsu Storage using iSCSI topology (Brocade  VDX SAN SW )

i used 3 hosts to hold the virtual servers for infrastructure (AD, APR, DB ..etc) and the other 3 servers used to host VDI VMs

The solution was working fine , but suddenly , all the VMs (200 VM) , have a slowness for only 30 min (the latency for read / write is very high) as attached picture

I open a case with VMware and they recommend to upgrade the drivers of CNA cards , I do this , then the problem stop appearing

after 10 days it start appearing again for only 10 min in random time 

If the problem in the hosts then the problem must be appear all the time , and also if the problem in the storage it must be appear all time , but only the problem appear 10 min make me confused

the most of the windows used for VMs are windows 10 and there is some VM windows 8 

latence.jpg

any one can support me what is the reason of this behavior , and how i can know how make this latency

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mhampto
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

Is there anything showing up on the storage at the same time?  Trying to isolate this issue to the host or storage side.

Matt

0 Kudos