VMware Networking Community
pearl1594
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Add NSX NAT Rule with service entry configured with port number range

Hi,

As per the documentation it seems like it is possible to add a port range for translated ports when creating an NSX NAT rule, however, on doing so, it seems to fail

pearl1594_0-1698334927627.png

Any help understanding what I may be doing wrong in the configuration would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
  • Hi

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EvertAM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I believe your issue might be that you're adding multiple ports to both the original and the translated ports. Adding multiple ports is generally used for NAT overload. 

Based in your screenshot, you're trying to NAT all traffic to an IP, but only allow certain ports in. This would be better handled using a firewall rule. If you are specifically trying to NAT only 3 ports (while handling traffic to other ports differently), I think you'll need multiple NAT rules.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
EvertAM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I believe your issue might be that you're adding multiple ports to both the original and the translated ports. Adding multiple ports is generally used for NAT overload. 

Based in your screenshot, you're trying to NAT all traffic to an IP, but only allow certain ports in. This would be better handled using a firewall rule. If you are specifically trying to NAT only 3 ports (while handling traffic to other ports differently), I think you'll need multiple NAT rules.