VMware Communities
dnisinson
Contributor
Contributor

printer stopped being able to print normal size

A month ago I purchased a new printer and installed the printer driver on my Mac running Lion. The printer worked perfectly printing from both Mac and Window virtual machine. I use Windows XP. I am not running a bootcamp partitionThe printing from windows was excellent.

Suddenly today the printer output is miniscule and centered on  the page of the printout.

I have changed nothing, made no updates to software or hardware.

I tried following the instructions for removing the drivers from windows, quitting VM Fusion and then launching it again so it could reacquire the drivers. Still tiny print. I am getting desparate as this functionality is crucial to running our financial software. I am up to date with fusion patches and the printer driver for mac.

The setting was to enable share printers with windows.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
bobthedriver
Contributor
Contributor

I had same problem several weeks ago when I upgraded my main mac (iMac) to OS Lion. I had been using Bonjour printing for both my HP windows 7 pc and vitrual windows 7 (macbook Pro OS Snow Leopard).

Both pcs started to print micro size and centred in page.

I have installed printer drivers in windows using driver for printer, and set as default.

It seems that to connect to Mac attached printer I needed to access the Mac UNIX printer system.

I installed using the network option, and somehow windows 7 found driver.

EPSON_Stylus_Photo_RX530 on http://***.local:631

*** is my mac name.

This may help

0 Kudos