VMware Communities
b767
Contributor
Contributor

password

Hello everybody, I am new to vmware and it has already solved one big problem. Another problem is that I am using a Forex trading tool that only works with on window platform(using Java). but it does not recognize my password.

any suggestions? hopefully I am on the good forum. thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
danpalacios
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

First off welcome to the "good forum"

Second, I think you need to provide more details. Are you running your VM on Fusion? Is your VM running Forex set for NAT or Bridged networking? Can you surf the web/connect to other network resources?

Odds are that you are not connecting to the authentication server and not that the vm does not recognize your password.

0 Kudos
b767
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Danpalacios for your reply. Yes I am running VMware fusion and I can surf the net and run other application fine, as for the question " Is your VM running Forex set for NAT or Bridged networking" I am afraid I dont understand what you mean as my knowledge is limited. cheers

0 Kudos
VladN
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Password problem may be caused by CAPS LOCK, i.e., in OS X caps lock is off and in Windows guest it is on or vise versa.

0 Kudos
danpalacios
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I am not as familiar with Fusion as many here are (perhaps a moderator can move this thread?) but in the VM settings you can specify whether the VM connects directly to the network with it's own ip address (bridged) or has a "virtual" ip address and lets all communication pass through the program/host machine (NAT).

If you can surf, etc from the VM then networking does not seem to be your problem. The next steps probably involve troubleshooting the app itself, which this forum will not likely be able to do. Could be a license issue or some security protection of the app itself. Do you have support for this app?

0 Kudos
b767
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you VladN I have tried the CAP LOCK to no avail. As Danpalacios suspect it may be the app itself. I will contact them tomorrow morning. Thanks to all.

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Thread moved to Fusion forum.

Host OS version? Fusion version? What is the Windows guest OS? Are the VMware Tools installed in the guest?

0 Kudos