VMware Communities
bunam
Contributor
Contributor

new feature : set up a black list off hotkey ?

You have the focus on a VM but you whant to start a spotlight search on the host

It could be nice to set up black list hotkey combinaisons per VM that are not send to the VM but send to the host

example :

- "Command + Space" for Spotlight

- "Ctrl + space" for Alfred

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
tracywang
Expert
Expert

Thanks for using Fusion, we have keyboard mapping feature to customize the keyboard mapping on VM and host. The Command + space for spotlight is working unless you disabled the "Enable Mac OS Host Keyboard Shortcuts" under Keyboard & Mouse -> Mac Host Shortcuts.

0 Kudos
bunam
Contributor
Contributor

i must disable the "Enable Mac OS Host Keyboard Shortcuts" because some (lot off) keyboard mapping used by the VM couldn't work, so that's why i need only some.

0 Kudos
tracywang
Expert
Expert

So, could you let me know if you enable Mac OS Host keyboard shortcuts, what kind of mapping doesn't work in your VM?

0 Kudos
bunam
Contributor
Contributor

Capture d’écran 2013-09-23 à 09.45.20.jpeg

i have customized some in the 1st panel, so if i enable Mac OS Host keyboard shortcuts those didn't work

0 Kudos
tracywang
Expert
Expert

Do you means the last three ones don't work? Or all of them including default ones?

command + ;

command + '

command + T

Could you tell me which application use these shortcuts? I would like to have a try. Thanks.

0 Kudos
bunam
Contributor
Contributor

none in the list work if i have enabled Mac OS Host keyboard shortcuts.

you can try with notepad

command + c

and then

command + v

doesn't work any more

you will see a new "c" and then "a"  in you notepad app document

my other setup is :

Capture d’écran 2013-09-23 à 12.10.17.png

here there is a bug : the left command key on mac show the windows menu ;(

but if il set up command key left + right i can do

command + c

and

command + v

in windows app if i press command (left) + c sometime the windows menu appear and in another app (omni studio, a RAD) it could destroy my current line of code so that's why ididm' want to have the windows menu come up !!

0 Kudos