VMware Communities
subodhrk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

fusion showing internal error after upgrade to sierra

Hello Guys,

I am using fusion 6.0.6 version on my mac. I was using snow leopard OS and was restraining from updating to yosomite. There were some new apps which i wanted to use and it warranted update of OS and therefore I upgraded directly to Sierra. After the update, my vmware fusion stopped functioning and it gave erroe. I uninstalled the fusion as told on vmware support site and reinstalled 6.0.6 as I had key for that version. After reinstallation, now I am getting "internal error" message and I am not able to login. Can someone help me? I am attaching the log as well as help collect support information file.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello,

I have not seen anyone with Fusion 6.x report that they have been able to run it on macOS Sierra.

As far as I know you need at least Fusion 8 to be able to run it on macOS Sierra.

Fusion 7 might work, but there are some problems.

So the only thing you can do at this moment is to uninstall Fusion 6 and then get the trial version.

If you want to test the newer version to see if it is worth your spending you can install and run a 30 day fully functional version before actually committing to spending anything.

After the 30 days, you buy a license to change the installed Fusion into an unlimited version.

Direct Download link to Fusion evaluation

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello,

I have not seen anyone with Fusion 6.x report that they have been able to run it on macOS Sierra.

As far as I know you need at least Fusion 8 to be able to run it on macOS Sierra.

Fusion 7 might work, but there are some problems.

So the only thing you can do at this moment is to uninstall Fusion 6 and then get the trial version.

If you want to test the newer version to see if it is worth your spending you can install and run a 30 day fully functional version before actually committing to spending anything.

After the 30 days, you buy a license to change the installed Fusion into an unlimited version.

Direct Download link to Fusion evaluation

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
0 Kudos
subodhrk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Isnt there free update available for fusion 8 people using earlier versions?

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

There is a free update from Fusion 8 to Fusion 8.5 if you own Fusion 8.

For earlier versions you can buy an upgrade.

In the past you could only buy the latest VMware Fusion for an upgrade price if you where 2 versions behind (so an update was available for Fusion 8 if you had Fusion 6 or newer)

VMware now offers upgrade prices for owners of VMware Fusion 4.x or higher.

So while not free, at least you can upgrade for a reduced price.

--

Wil

subodhrk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you Wila. After I installed 8.5, everything started working. Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
john_huang
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This is test the response function
0 Kudos
john_huang
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This is Test!