VMware Communities
Fifer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMWare Tools - how do you know ... ?

Running Snow Leopard (10.6.1), with Windows XP Pro in a Boot Camp partition.

I've updated from Fusion 2.0.5 to 2.0.6, and it looks as though I did manage to install VMWare Tools, after being prompted and simply following instructions.

Having read the thread below where folk are having problems, I'm inclined to ask "How do I know if the Tools are up-to-date? Is there somewhere I can check on my machine?"

I ask because I remember uncertainty over Tools when I upgraded to Fusion 2.0.5. My uncertainty is down mainly to the fact that I haven't used Fusion much until now.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shavital
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

What I do: click the Tools icon in the Launch bar (lower right corner in my setup), this should bring up the Tools window, go to the tag that will display the information. Version number should show 196839 same as VMware build 196839. Hope this helps.

Charly

10.6.1 MacBook5,1 Intel Core 2 Duo 32-bit

Charly

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
shavital
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

What I do: click the Tools icon in the Launch bar (lower right corner in my setup), this should bring up the Tools window, go to the tag that will display the information. Version number should show 196839 same as VMware build 196839. Hope this helps.

Charly

10.6.1 MacBook5,1 Intel Core 2 Duo 32-bit

Charly
0 Kudos
Fifer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks very much. It's as you described, version number 196839, so Tools are up-to-date.

0 Kudos