VMware Communities
pjhinton
Contributor
Contributor

VMM64 exc 14 on MacOS 10.6.7/Fusion 3.1.2/Fedora 14 (i686)

Posting this information to see if anyone else has observed this.  I never had this kind of problem with my old 2007 vintage MacBook Pro running 10.5.x

Host Hardware: MacBook Pro

Host Processor: 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

Host Memory: 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Host Storage: 256 GB Solid State Drive

Guest Operating System: Fedora 14 (i686) with latest updates

Guest Memory: 1 GB

Guest Storage: 20 GB virtual diisk

Problem Description: When brininging the host hardware out of sleep mode, any running guest operating systems produce dialogs looking like this:

vcpu-0:VMM64 fault 14: src=MONITOR rip=0xfffffffffc2274c2 regs=0xfffffffffc008d00

Please report this problem by selecting menu item Help > VMware on the Web > Request Support, or by going to the Web page "http://vmware.com/info?id=8&logFile=%2fUsers%2fphinton%2fDevelopment%2fVirtualMachines%2fBlog%2evmwa...". Please provide us with the log file (/Users/phinton/Development/VirtualMachines/Blog.vmwarevm/vmware.log) and the core file(s) (/Users/phinton/Development/VirtualMachines/Blog.vmwarevm/vmware-core.gz, /Users/phinton/Development/VirtualMachines/Blog.vmwarevm/vmware64-core.gz).

If the problem is repeatable, please set 'Logging level' to 'Debug' in the 'Misc' panel of Virtual Machine Settings. Then reproduce the incident and file it according to the instructions.

To collect data to submit to VMware support, choose "Collect Support Information" from the Help menu.

You can also run "/Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion/vm-support.tool" directly.

We will respond on the basis of your support entitlement.

We appreciate your feedback,

-- the VMware Fusion team.

The virtual machines eventually are placed in a stopped state and are no longer capable of booting.  VMWare Fusion will not shut down via menu commands.  After rebooting the host operating system, relaunching VMWare Fusion, the virtual machines will crash with kernel panics.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
0 Replies