VMware Communities
mikes1212
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Upgrade VMware Fusion 1.1.3 to Version 2.0

I hope you can help! Will I have to reinstall my Windows XP software when I upgrade from version 1.1.3 to version 2.0? What about the other software that I have installed on my windows machine? Additional info: I am running an iMac with OS 10.5.6, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 2 GB ram.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you already own Fusion 1.x then Fusion 2.x is a free upgrade and you can just download the latest 2.x version from VMware's web site and use the Fusion 1.x Serial Number.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Be sure to first backup your Virtual Machines before upgrading that way if you don't like Fusion 2 you can go back to Fusion 1 with a Virtual Machine that was not touched by Fusion 2. Also be sure to downloaded the latest which at the present time is Fusion 2.0.4.

Also you will not need to reinstall Windows or your applications just because you upgraded however you should still backup your Virtual Machines before upgrading.

Message was edited by: WoodyZ

mikes1212
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the answer(s)! I just bought version 2.0, and it's not at my front door yet. I guess I could download the latest version now install it, and then add the registration number once my purchase arrives? Correct?

Thanks!

Michael

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you already own Fusion 1.x then Fusion 2.x is a free upgrade and you can just download the latest 2.x version from VMware's web site and use the Fusion 1.x Serial Number.

0 Kudos
mikes1212
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Excellent! Thanks so much for all your help and advice! I will down-load the latest version of VMware Fusion and attempt to install it this afternoon.

0 Kudos