VMware Communities
FDR
Contributor
Contributor

Lion with iPhone

I am now running Lion.When I am in iTunes,it doesn't see my iPhone. I've always synced with Outlook on my PC side because of business. I did not have this problem with Snow Leopard.

Can anyone help me?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
tracywang
Expert
Expert

Where is the iTunes? In your VM or on the host?

0 Kudos
FDR
Contributor
Contributor

I have iTunes installed on the Windows 7 PC where I've always synced the phone. iTunes has always been on the Apple side, too. Does this answer your question?

Fred

0 Kudos
tracywang
Expert
Expert

I am still not sure about what is the relationship between your question and fusion?

0 Kudos
FDR
Contributor
Contributor

The problem never occured under Snow Leopard. It was only after loading Lion that the problem occured. I tried creating a new user. That didn't work. I tried a sync with my iPad and that didn't work. The only thing I see is a problem with Lion. When I connect the iPhone the computer asks if I want it associated with Mac or Windows, so it is recognized. When I check under "Virtual Machine"and then "USB" it is recognized. Apple tech support tried everything. They had never seen this issue. I'm assuming it is the Lion operating system. I will probably call VM Ware this afternoon and if that doesn't help, I'll call Microsoft. I was hoping someone on this user group had this issue and came up with a fix.

0 Kudos
FDR
Contributor
Contributor

The problem was solved by Microsoft.It was an operating system error. They fully removed everything to do with Apple, including the registry. Then loaded iTunes and everything works just fine. Just removing the iTunes program with the others in the proper order is not enough.

I'm glad that's over.

Fred

0 Kudos
melmore
Contributor
Contributor

I have a MacBook Pro.  No problem seeing my iphone after installng LION???

0 Kudos