VMware Communities
RemiM
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to remove app in the menu "Open with"

Hello everybody,

I will try to explain my problem ; since I have installed on my Mac, Windows Application have added in the menu "Open with" (This picture shows it).

My question is easy, but I don't perform it. How to remove app in this menu ?

I would like to display my Mac Apps only.

Thank's for watching this post.

Good day,

Rémi M

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you've already unchecked "Open your Mac files and web links using Windows applications" for all your Virtual Machines and the Windows apps still remain in the Open With context menu then in a Terminal run the following two commands:

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain local -domain system -domain user

killall Finder

View solution in original post

5 Replies
julienvarela
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

Open fusing, then select a VM and edits settings. Then select "default application" and unselect "open your files..."

Regards,

Julien.

Regards, J.Varela http://vthink.fr
0 Kudos
RemiM
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Julien,

Thank's for your answer. I already unselect this option but any modification in the menu "Open with..." 😕

Capture d’écran 2013-10-09 à 13.30.12.png

0 Kudos
julienvarela
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Did you do this for all your VMs?

Then restart your mac.

Regards,

Julien;

Regards, J.Varela http://vthink.fr
0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you've already unchecked "Open your Mac files and web links using Windows applications" for all your Virtual Machines and the Windows apps still remain in the Open With context menu then in a Terminal run the following two commands:

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain local -domain system -domain user

killall Finder

RemiM
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank everybody ! The problem is resolved !

@Julien

Even if I reboot my Mac, the problem was still present.

@WoodyZ

Your solution is good, I run two commands and miracle ! Windows Applications don't show in the menu.

Thank everybody again !

0 Kudos