VMware Communities
bjmckay
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Google Sync for Calendars and Outlook 2003 Help

I'm new to MAC and VMware and I have run all of my calendars through Google Calendars in the past. I cannot get Google Sync to sync my Outlook 2003 (running on VMware Fusion) and my Google Calendars.

Has anyone figured out how to make this work?

Advice as to where I can go to get an answer?

Any relevant assistance on this front would be terrific, thank you to anyone who can contribute.

Best,

BJ

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
asatoran
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Google Calander Sync works fine for me on Outlook 2007. I have a client with Outlook 2003 that iGoogle Sync is working fine with as well, although not in a VM.

Assuming that your VM has internet access, (e.g.: IE in the VM can get to calendar.google.com) then the likelyhood is between Google and Outlook. Be sure you typed in you username and password correctly in Google Sync. Right-clicking on the Google Sync icon in the system tray, click on Troubleshooting to go to Google's troubleshooting webpage. You can also look at the Google Sync logs. "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Google\Google Calendar Sync\logs" on Win7. So probably "C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Google Calendar Sync\logs" on a WinXP machine, although I don't have a WinXP machine with Google Sync readily available.

BTW, you can also sync OSX's iCal to Google Calendar as well. http://www.google.com/sync/mac.html For the most part, I stopped using Outlook once Google got that working. Nowdays, my Outlook on the PC is just to sync my Windows Mobile PDA and cellphones that can't sync with the Mac. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
asatoran
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Google Calander Sync works fine for me on Outlook 2007. I have a client with Outlook 2003 that iGoogle Sync is working fine with as well, although not in a VM.

Assuming that your VM has internet access, (e.g.: IE in the VM can get to calendar.google.com) then the likelyhood is between Google and Outlook. Be sure you typed in you username and password correctly in Google Sync. Right-clicking on the Google Sync icon in the system tray, click on Troubleshooting to go to Google's troubleshooting webpage. You can also look at the Google Sync logs. "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Google\Google Calendar Sync\logs" on Win7. So probably "C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Google Calendar Sync\logs" on a WinXP machine, although I don't have a WinXP machine with Google Sync readily available.

BTW, you can also sync OSX's iCal to Google Calendar as well. http://www.google.com/sync/mac.html For the most part, I stopped using Outlook once Google got that working. Nowdays, my Outlook on the PC is just to sync my Windows Mobile PDA and cellphones that can't sync with the Mac. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
bjmckay
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for the help, got me to the source where I remedied the sync problem.

Best,

Brian

0 Kudos