VMware Communities
Custa
Contributor
Contributor

Activation

I have been using Parallels since before it was released but think I am now leaning towards Fusion. The only thing I am disliking now is the activation process. In Parallels I can just activate my Bootcamp partition running under Bootcamp but when I then launch it under Fusion it says my hardware has changed too much and that I have to reactivate. I am thinking if I do this it will make my Bootcamp running instance invalid.

In Parallels it just worked without having to reactivate again. Am I missing something? I would also like to still use parallels for the time being to continue evaluating them against each other.

How do I activate once under Bootcamp abut run without re-activating under both Fusion and Parallels?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
katmail
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I also have a question concerning Parallels and Fusion. Can you run them both on the same computer not in Bootcamp? Before I install both applications I want to make sure they will not affect each other I do not want to lose one of my vm, because I wish to explore the other.

0 Kudos
manuel_wenger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If you're \*not* using Bootcamp, you can definitely install Parallels and Fusion on the same computer. I did while I was trying Fusion out before deciding to do the switch. They can even run at the same time if you have enough RAM.

Unfortunately I don't know about Bootcamp, as I'm not using it.

0 Kudos