VMware Edu & Cert Community
Snozzberries
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware Student Demos

Hi all,

I was curious if VMware offers a similar program to that of Microsoft's MSDNAA or DreamSpark programs?

I know there are 60 day trials, but I have found that having unlimited time to test the software would be awesome. I am currently a full time student and work in IT for a hospital full time so my spare time to play is limited. I can have access to some of the VMware software through my work, but since that is a production environment I can't just decide to setup and configure a View VDI on it without a lot of political hassle. Plus providing proof of concepts on my own personal infrastructure definitely helps sell new ideas to the higher ups.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes they do: http://www.vmware.com/partners/academic/program-overview.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes they do: http://www.vmware.com/partners/academic/program-overview.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Snozzberries
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for that Scott, both of my universities have let their subscriptions expire. Guess I will have to talk to the department heads now. Or possibly I can talk our rep for work into letting me pay the sub.

0 Kudos