VMware Edu & Cert Community
shrry8
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare IT Academy

Hey,

How can i verify the credibility of an VMware IT Academy working in Pakistan. Can i confirm it from VMWare directly through website or is there any email address. i want to confirm some details from them on urgent basis as the classes are starting in June 2012.

Thanks

0 Kudos
17 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

you may take a look at http://www.vmware.com/partners/programs/vap/academy-program-participants.html which provides a list of Academy Program Participants (with 2 of them in Pakistan).

André

0 Kudos
shrry8
Contributor
Contributor

but i want to know how can i contact vmware education to ask some questions about training in Pakistan

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Not sure, but you could try to send an email to apaceducation@vmware.com. Ithink they can either help directly or point you in the right direction.

André

0 Kudos
shrry8
Contributor
Contributor

I already sent an email to them but they are not replying since last 50 hours.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Other than writing an email, you could either try to call them (unfortunately there doesn't seem to exist a phone number for Pakistan) or use the Online Chat (see http://mylearn.vmware.com/contact.cfm?ui=www_edu)

André

0 Kudos
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

What is the question? Do you want to verify if a particular company is a VATC and a course we offer?

mrsoap
Contributor
Contributor

hi.

As far as I know, only one search comes up when you search VMWARE Trainings in Pakistan. I think this is their website http://onwire.pk/home.php

apart from this, there is no other training center in Pakistan.

Options for you are:

1. Attend Virtual Class

2. got to India, Dubai or Singapore to attend the class. India would be good if you can get the visa.

I personally went to UK ARROW ECS for my trainings.

take care

Khurram Ali

0 Kudos
shrry8
Contributor
Contributor

Linus Bourque wrote:

What is the question? Do you want to verify if a particular company is a VATC and a course we offer?

Dear Linus,

I want to ask these questions with them

1. how many training have been conducted at OnWire Education since its been authorized by VMWare for VCP 5
2. How many students have been trained under On Wire Education banner
3. What is the actual course fee
4. If i get training form them, will i get certificate for the training directly from VMWare.
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

1. I doubt you'll find that out.

2. As above.

3. Look on their website or call them and ask.

4. They are a VATC so their classes should be listed on the VMware site here:

http://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrreg/locations.cfm?ui=www_edu

But it looks like they have no scheduled classes at the moment... I'd suggest getting in touch with them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
shrry8
Contributor
Contributor

Scott,

they are listed on the link you specified but no classes are listed under them as they are confirming me on phone that classes will start from June 02 or June 09.

how can i verify this case.

0 Kudos
mrsoap
Contributor
Contributor

Please check if they have a certified instructor in thier facilty.

following is the requirments http://mylearn.vmware.com/portals/vci/mL.cfm?menu=public&ui=www_vci

Do they have a Lab in the premesis or do they use an online lab.

how much they charge for trainings?

how many trainings have they completed and if they have any testimonials that can be double checked.

Please share these with us, and if you decide to undertake trainings there, please share your experience with us.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

All authorised VMware training globally has to be delivered either by VMware, a VATC, or an Academy partner, and only VCIs can deliver authorised training.

Every VATC and every VCI has to meet certain requirements and deliver training to at least a minimum standard as set by VMware, the labs have to either be VMware's own or meet a minimum specification also defined by VMware.

Every authorised class has to be listed under the Training pages of vmware.com, every student who attends must complete a registration process on vmware.com.

It sounds to me like they are a new VATC who are just beginning to delivered authorised training in that region.

You could email education@vmware.com, but what I've said above should help.

Scott.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
shrry8
Contributor
Contributor

mrsoap wrote:

Please check if they have a certified instructor in thier facilty.

following is the requirments http://mylearn.vmware.com/portals/vci/mL.cfm?menu=public&ui=www_vci

how many trainings have they completed and if they have any testimonials that can be double checked.

Please share these with us, and if you decide to undertake trainings there, please share your experience with us.

not confirmed with this but they do have labs for MCITP and other microsoft courses.

around $1400 for VCP 5 training.

according to them, 3 trainings have given by them and now they are conducting 4th in first week of june.

0 Kudos
shrry8
Contributor
Contributor

Scott Vessey wrote:

All authorised VMware training globally has to be delivered either by VMware, a VATC, or an Academy partner, and only VCIs can deliver authorised training.

Every VATC and every VCI has to meet certain requirements and deliver training to at least a minimum standard as set by VMware, the labs have to either be VMware's own or meet a minimum specification also defined by VMware.

Every authorised class has to be listed under the Training pages of vmware.com, every student who attends must complete a registration process on vmware.com.

It sounds to me like they are a new VATC who are just beginning to delivered authorised training in that region.

You could email education@vmware.com, but what I've said above should help.

Scott.

Thanks Scott for sharing the details. Unfortunately, they have started registration for classes but the class is not listed in Scheduled Trainings.

0 Kudos
mirfanaslam
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for every one for valuable information!

I am also intrested for vcp trannings in www. onwire.pk i also called them classes going to start in july 2012

here is their phone no 0092-21-34802354-55 ,

they have two teacher owais and atif i think they are vci (instructor) but i did not seen their registration  no.

I  also willing to travel from punjab to karachi for trannings. but not sure HOW they deliver in labs, is hand on labs with full hardware or?.

i also very disappointed when i seen only and one institute in pakistan onwire.pk.our neighbour countries have many ,lot of institute for vmware.

Please more share your views about vmware tranning  institute (onwire.pk), is authorised and full competency in trannings and full LABS.

Regards

Irfan

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Only VMware themselves can validate that company - I would email education@vmware.com with the information you posted here and ask them.

If they are a VATC their instructors MUST be VCIs, they MUST use official courseware, they MUST list their classes on the VMware site - these are legal obligations that every VATC has in their contract with VMware.

0 Kudos
matif
Contributor
Contributor

For the clarification of queries raised by mirfanaslam,

OnWire Education is Pakistan’s 1st Authorized VMware IT Academy, working since last year

Besides this, OnWire Education is:

• Microsoft Learning Partner
  • Microsoft IT Academy [Advance Level]
  • Cisco Networking Academy Program Member
  • Authorized Prometric Testing Center

As we have complete Lab facility for Microsoft & Cisco certification Programs, OnWire also have Lab facilities for VMware vSphere ICM Curriculum (as required for the course)

For further information, kindly contact Mr. Muhammad Owais at owais@onwire.pk, he is Program Administrator & Senior Technical Trainer for VMware IT Academy program

OnWire is located @

2nd Floor, Shaes Centre, Above Faysal Bank,

SB - 25, Block 13 - C, Main University Road,

Karachi, Pakistan.

Regards

Muhammad Atif

0 Kudos