VMware Cloud Community
JohannStander
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

total number of collected metrics per custom adapter within VCOPS

Hallo Does anybody have any information on how to get the exact amount of metrics per custom adapter for instance for EMC, BrocadeFabricAdapter etc. The audit report provides information on the amount of resources per adapter and also a total metrics configured and collecting but that is for the whole environment. thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
grhohertz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Instructions for determining object and metric counts for a vCOps 5.x adapter can be found here: Blue Medora | Obtaining Object and Metric Counts in vC...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

2015-02-05_192939.png

does this help?

0 Kudos
JohannStander
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

thank you but aware of these numbers in vRealize Operations 6.0 but I am trying to get this same information from our current vCOPS 5.8 environment. I am in the process of sizing vRealize Operations for migration from 5.8 and haven't found anywhere  a solution to use my current 5.8 environment with adapters and metric counts to size 6.0. In the sizing KB 2093783 it recommend I install 6.0 and all my plugins and then get the info from the cluster management page but this seems like unnecessary work when I should just be able to get the same information from my 5.8 environment. Thanks

0 Kudos
grhohertz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Instructions for determining object and metric counts for a vCOps 5.x adapter can be found here: Blue Medora | Obtaining Object and Metric Counts in vC...

0 Kudos
JohannStander
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

thank you, I was one step way and just had to click on the show details button 🙂 thank you for in the info.

0 Kudos