VMware Cloud Community
savagea
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCOPS VCM Integration, no data on Compliance badge

I'm trying to integrate my vcops and vcm instances.  Attached is what I'm seeing.  The Compliance badge does have a score, but no other data at all.

4-23-2013 9-54-37 AM.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I agree that it's not immediattely visible. we can probably improve that.

What you can do here is to use the Environment / Overview page. Click on the "compliance" badge then, and will see everything at a glance.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If you are running 5.7 GA build in balanced_profile mode, you can install a hotpatch which is available
here: https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/get-download?downloadGroup=VCOPS-PATCH-57

0 Kudos
savagea
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks, but currently 5.6.0.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

ok, so you have some other issue. If you have license for custom_ui, can you check the state of the vcm adapter? It should be runing/collecting.

Also, have you run a scan from inside the VCM product recently?

0 Kudos
savagea
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

In the custom ui, the VCM Adapter state is 'Collecting / Data Receiving'.  Also, I did a manual collection yesterday afternoon from VCM.  But I was under the impression, this would continue to happen automatically?

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

yes, it seems all is fine from what you say.

something else - are you sure that the object(s) you're looking at are included in the VCM policy which you run?

0 Kudos
savagea
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes, I'm running a test collection of all vm's that do not have vmware tools installed.  There are many that dont, so I would expect to see that detail in VCOPS. 

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

And you have the same details for the actual VMs  - no data?

"World" is not an object which VCM will recognise so there aren't any details, just the score - can you check what's up at VC or VM level.

0 Kudos
savagea
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Which ui would that be?

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

vsphere-UI - just select a VM (or a VC) from the inventory tree, and then go to planning/views/compliance.

0 Kudos
savagea
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Actually I see it at the main ui, http://vcops-server/.  So I do see the data but not until I drill ALL the way down to each and every VM.  How does one know where to drill down?  I'd imagine the admins will be looking at the compliance badge with a certain score at a high level.  But having nothing to click on, how do they know where the compliancy issues reside?

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I agree that it's not immediattely visible. we can probably improve that.

What you can do here is to use the Environment / Overview page. Click on the "compliance" badge then, and will see everything at a glance.

0 Kudos
savagea
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you very much for your help.  Oh, also, in order to report ESXi host compliance, do I need a proxy, or can that happen with just vCenter data collections?

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

what kind of a proxy?

AFAIK it should work.

0 Kudos
savagea
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution