VMware Cloud Community
jwblake77
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to change registration password

I am hoping someone might have heard of this before or perhaps point me in the right direction because I am at a loss. The service account password I use to register vCenter’s in vCOps changed. No biggie, so I go into the vcops admin to update the registration information for each vcenter. I enter the new password for it, hit test connection and it says that the connection is successful. However, when I go to actually apply the settings it says that the username or password is incorrect:

Unable to connect to vCenter Server. Details: Registration to vCenter Server ( vCenter Server address: https://<servername>/sdk, vCenter Server username: <username>, vCenter Server name: <servername> ) failed. Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password.

I tried other username/password combinations all which yelid the same result. I noticed that way up at the top in red it says “General Server Error Occurred”. I downloaded the log bundle and have been going through it for about an hour now but the only thing that I get from it is an authentication error, and the above message is repeated quite often.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
lakshya32
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi  jwblake77

Welcome to the forums.

One of my friend had same problem which is resolved through unregistered & re-register .

any how vmware also not recommending to upgrade the password.It was always painful.

"When you fail to plan, you plan to fail."
0 Kudos