VMware Cloud Community
vkaranam
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Re: License Limit Reached

Hello Guys,

I have a Question regarding the License. When the vC Ops says License limit Reached (Over subscribed) for how long it will keep on collecting the data(metrics) form the over subscribed licenses. I mean what is the grace period until we add a new or more licenses.

Thanks

VK

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ServiceOptimi
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

my 502 kept rolling along without any hiccups except the annoying license limit message. We tried to add the new license key to one that was already in place but the program (vsphere I think) wont accept two different keys for the same thing. You must consolidate into one key for total amount. Make sure its v5 cause they didnt gen v5 in first attempt and it failed. good luck.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ServiceOptimi
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I was over the license limit for more than a month while we cut a check and got a new key. BTW, you can NOT combine or add keys together, you must get a new v5 license for total count from licensing.

admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

It will still collect...it does not stop collecting.

The Alert that you see is just to inform you that you have reached your lic limit and that you shoudl please buy more 🙂

vkaranam
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello Service Optimi

So U did not face any problems while the vC Ops ran out of License? We r on 5.3 version. Anyway we have to get a single key for the total count of licensing which means if i get a new license key fo 100 vm's and my old key has 500 count  both the keys cannot work together??

Thanks

VK

0 Kudos
vkaranam
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Hugo

0 Kudos
ServiceOptimi
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

my 502 kept rolling along without any hiccups except the annoying license limit message. We tried to add the new license key to one that was already in place but the program (vsphere I think) wont accept two different keys for the same thing. You must consolidate into one key for total amount. Make sure its v5 cause they didnt gen v5 in first attempt and it failed. good luck.

0 Kudos
vkaranam
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the info Service optimi. You are insiting on v5, means the license that supports vC Ops version 5.3  and above???

Thanks

VK

0 Kudos
ServiceOptimi
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Yes. We had the 101 version running and when we switched to the v5 program the old keys wouldnt work. They needed the v5 in the key string they said.

0 Kudos
vkaranam
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Service optimi.

0 Kudos