VMware Cloud Community
rds00
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCO 5.5.1 - Cannot login : user unknown

Hello, I'm in the process of deploying vCO appliance 5.5.1 and I'm going crazy about this problem : when I test a login on the vCO configuration page, it works but in the client (Java applet or installed client) I get a "invalid password/username" and "user unknown" in the logs.

I've tried both SSO and LDAP authentication with the same result.

I tried many tricks found on the VMware forums like : vCO 5.5.1 - user unknown - Unable to log in to Orchestrator Client using SSO - Can't login - Can not login to the Orchestrator Client but none of these worked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

Thank you !

0 Kudos
4 Replies
oluetkeh
Contributor
Contributor

Have you restarted the appliance, i.e the whole server (sudo shutdown -r now), not just the vco services?  I had the same problem when I hooked it up to AD, albeit with the earlier version.

Thanks,

Olaf

0 Kudos
rds00
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for your answer. Yes I did restart it several times with no luck.

I'm using vCenter 5.1 with SSO and web client 5.5 if that can help. Also, I've set my LDAP Identity source as Default Domain without any changes.

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I don't think SSO 5.1 + Web Client 5.5 or SSO 5.1 + vCO 5.5 are supported combinations.

SSO 5.1.x is different from SSO 5.5.x. Could you try to deploy the same SSO version as vCO and Web Client, and check if the problem still exists?

0 Kudos
rds00
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I meant SSO 5.5.

Good news, since this morning and after another reboot of the appliance, I'm finally able to log in using username@domain.tld

Thanks for your help !

0 Kudos