VMware Cloud Community
miladmeh8
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

how to add more cpu to a vrealize automation vm by vrealize orchestrator?

Hi guys,

can someone help me on this topic?

I just want to add a vcpu to my vm which is created by vrealize automation. i just want to know how can i request to vrealize automation by vrealize orchestrator

i found this method (vcaccafe:consumerresourceoperation )  but i couldnt find a good document in regard to writting the script

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You don't need to do this. The reconfigure action does this out of the box.

miladmeh8
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

yes you're right, but how to configure this action? how can i set the cpu or ram memory?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

I don't understand your question. Have you ever tried that reconfigure action? You set the vCPU and memory manually.

0 Kudos
miladmeh8
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Yes but im trying to add cpu via vrealize orchestrator workflow. I want to implement an autoscaling workflow to detect whether a virtual  machine has 90 percent cpu usage add  more cpu to its current configuration.

But at the moment im just checking if i can configure virtual machine cpu number with via a workflow.

as my snapshot, i request vra via a workflow but nothing happend in vRA side

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

That's not really a task best suited for vRO. Instead, you should use vROps which has this exact use case built-in to the product. And it requires no vRO; or, if you wanted to really customize how that worked, you could still use vRO.

0 Kudos
miladmeh8
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

vROP can send request to vCenter, I need to scale up the VM within vRA, and clients need to be aware of that.

What exactly i am doing is configuring vROP to detect specific vms with a tag of autoscaling and cpu utilization of 90%, at this moment it run a workflow or send a snmp trap to vrealize orchestrator, and finally the vRO, will add 1 more cpu to this VM

0 Kudos