VMware Cloud Community
sorina
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Vcenter Server Plugin in Orchestrator Configuration

Hi,

I enter username and password  which login to my vcenter , but below error is appeared:

Test Result: Exception, 'com.vmware.vim.binding.vim.fault.InvalidLogin: inherited from com.vmware.vim.binding.vim.fault.VimFault: inherited from com.vmware.vim.binding.vim.fault.InvalidLogin: Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password.'

Plese Help me? what user name and pass word is required?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

please try user@domain for the plug-in configuration. Sometimes it helps to delete the connection and import the ssl certificate before adding the vCenter server config. If nothing helps, please add the server.log file.

P.S.: the user should have admin rights in vCenter Smiley Happy

best regards

Christian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Sorina,

Attached screenshot shows a red triangle on the LDAP tab, meaning that either you have not configured LDAP authentication properly, or your LDAP server is offline/not working. Could you fix this issue first and then try again to configure vCenter plug-in?

-Ilian

0 Kudos
Burke-
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

As already mentioned, LDAP should be first to be configured and have a green mark before continuing with other parts of the configuration. Once LDAP is configured, be sure that you have a valid vCO Administrator account specified in the Plug-ins configuration as this account is used for plug-in installation/configuration. When those two are green, you should have better luck configuring plug-ins.

If my answer resolved or helped you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful to award points. Thank you!

Visit http://www.vcoteam.info & http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator
for vRealize Orchestrator tips and tutorials - @TechnicalValues on Twitter
sorina
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi

my LDAP is configured good (it is green but picture is not showed for you)  I set up my Active Directory : i have a vco admin group that is member of  "Admin Domain"  and user are vcotest and testvc

so vcotest and testvc are member of vco admin and they are member of Admin Domain (My Domain is :sol.local)

Why my inventory is not loadede?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

please try user@domain for the plug-in configuration. Sometimes it helps to delete the connection and import the ssl certificate before adding the vCenter server config. If nothing helps, please add the server.log file.

P.S.: the user should have admin rights in vCenter Smiley Happy

best regards

Christian

0 Kudos
sorina
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thx , Itself with out any change was solved !!!

Now i want to create a wrokflow : VMs that its name are started with "X"  was Power on without  any email notification!!

Do you help me?

0 Kudos