VMware Cloud Community
TheVMinator
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

How to make output from a task be input to another task

How do I connect the output from one task so I can use it as input to another task?  See screen below: The  "Invoke Script" task runs a PowerShell Script.  The "Email Send" task sends an email.  Both tasks work separately.  How do I get the results of my powerShell script so that I can use them as the content of the "Email Send" task?

workflow.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mcfadyenj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

On the invoke script task you need to set output attributes containing the powershell results.

to do this select the out tab and use an object name that was implemented in the powershell results as in the data

you may need to format this results into a VMware recognised object I am guessing in your case this will be a string type.

then select the email task, select the email task, click the little eye looking icon "view details".

select visual binding

select the attributes you setup from the output of the previous task and connect them to the input params of the email task.

done

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mcfadyenj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

On the invoke script task you need to set output attributes containing the powershell results.

to do this select the out tab and use an object name that was implemented in the powershell results as in the data

you may need to format this results into a VMware recognised object I am guessing in your case this will be a string type.

then select the email task, select the email task, click the little eye looking icon "view details".

select visual binding

select the attributes you setup from the output of the previous task and connect them to the input params of the email task.

done

0 Kudos
TheVMinator
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

OK thanks

0 Kudos