VMware Cloud Community
virtualdive
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

vRealize Application Service - Timeout Customizing Guest OS

Hi All,

I am trying to deploy an application using the vRealize Application Director and below are the things happening correctly,

1. VM is getting deployed successfully.

2. IP is getting assigned to the VM.

3. I am able to login to the VM.

4. Agent is started and working on the VM

But even after all above the application is not getting deployed. It will run for hours and finally throw the error as "Timeout Customizing Guest OS, Unable to find VM='centos56', may have been rejected/deleted". I have even done the agent reset on the VM template but still same error.

Has anyone seen this issue who can suggest anything on this please?

Thanks,

Regards,

'V'
thevshish.blogspot.in
vExpert-2014-2021
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I remember running into this issue many times. Have you made sure these IPs are not used somewhere else? Also, clear the stale DNS entries.

This mostly has to do with the agent not communicating to the App director server. If the machine is not destroyed, you can check the agent logs and see if the communication is being established.

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I remember running into this issue many times. Have you made sure these IPs are not used somewhere else? Also, clear the stale DNS entries.

This mostly has to do with the agent not communicating to the App director server. If the machine is not destroyed, you can check the agent logs and see if the communication is being established.

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos
pizzle85
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I agree with Abhilashhb. After the building phase the vCAC Agent on the deployed VM communicates with the vRA IaaS web service to notify it that the VM has been deployed successfully. If the signal is received, the VM moves into the "provisioned" state. If not it will just sit there until the workflowstubs time out, which is 3 hours by default.
0 Kudos