VMware Cloud Community
kallischlauch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRB7 can't collect data from vRA7. data collection status error

Hey all,

I've connected a vRB appliance to vRA. but data connection fails.

The error:

Could not read [null]; nested exception is org.springframework.oxm.UnmarshallingFailureException: NPE while unmarshalling. This can happen on JDK 1.6 due to the presence of DTD declarations, which are disabled.; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException

pastedImage_0.png

I've checked the log files, found the error message. but no indicators arround it.

Don't even know where to start looking.

Both appliances are version 7 (no updates available). Its a testlab so I'm open for suggestions. I'm currently planning to deploy into production

Thanks!

Kalli

5 Replies
pgoel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I would suggest to pick 7.0.1 which will be releasing very shortly where JDK has been updated & has a fix to this problem.

kallischlauch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'll try when its released. But don't have much hope as I don't understand how anyone got that to work.

vRB appliance deployed, added to vRA. registered happily. Can collect data from vCenter, but not from vRA7. I don't see a single point where I did anything different to standard.

Even tried a seperate environment. if 7.0.1 fixes it it hsould have come up during QA?

if 7.0.1 one doesn't fix it I'll contact support and update here

0 Kudos
kallischlauch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have tried with VRB 7.0.1 (vrealize business for cloud standard) against vRA 7.0.0

I can register successfully. the user (configured for all 3 roles) gets to see the tab.

But I can't enter my activation code. I can enter it but the 'save' button doesn't react. no matter how often i click on it the wheel just keeps spinning.

Its as if the button has 0 effect.

tried with IE 11, Firefox latest and chrome latest ...

vrb.png

sigh ...

next if i have time for it is vrb 7.0.1 against vra7.0.1 ... i can't understand how anyone gets this to work in 7.x

0 Kudos
Michael_Rudloff
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I would have thought the whole integration is broken and would require 7.0.1 to work .. for both vRA and vRB perspective ...

Although according to the compatibility matrix, it should even work with vRA 6.2.4 .. Can't be right, can it ?

Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 13.19.14.png

___ My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com
0 Kudos
akostic
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

The users should only have 1 of the user roles assigned. If you give it all 3 user roles, it takes the role with the least permissions, IE the read only role. This role doesn't have permissions to add the license. You need just the Business Management Administrator role to add the license.

For vRB 7.0.1 it is compatible with vRA 7.0.1, 7.0, and 6.2.4, the matrix is indeed correct.

0 Kudos