I have a vCenter Server 5.5. My Domain account VCAC\administrator has admin credentials.
In my IAAS Windows VM, VCAC\administrator is part of the local administrator group
When I tried to create the Endpoint to my vCenter Server , I am seeing the following errors in the log. Is this is the reason why I am not able to see any information about my vCenter Server after creating the endpoint. How do I fix it ? Thanks.
DEMs seems to be fine though
VCAC\administrator has admin credentials within vCenter as well? Can you look in the proxy agent log files and see if there is a more descriptive error? Looks like you are running vCAC 6.0 code, so not sure if the proxy agent exists as it did in previous versions or part of an appliance and you can't view the logs the same as before (c:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\vCAC\Agents\Proxy_agent_name\Logs)
I am seeing the same errors message in the log file as well.
My vCenter Server 5.5 is an appliance and I am able to access it from the IAAS Windows VM thru it's browser with the administrator credentials. The same credentials I use to while creating the endpoint. I also notice a "Ping" failure in the log file. I am able to ping the vcenter server successfully from IAAS VM though, from the command prompt.
So reading through your original post, yes, this is the reason you can't see any resources. When the vSphere Agent is able to successfully reach the endpoint, when you look at an existing Enterprise group or go to create a new one, you will see the host / cluster names found at the endpoint.
Are all your services (Management, DEMs, Proxy Agent) running as the vcac\administrator account?
Are all the roles running on the same IAAS Windows VM, or is the proxy agent located on a different VM than the web components (any firewalls running)?
Is this vCAC 6.0 beta? Screens don't look like any version I have seen before. Have you posted this on the beta users forum as it might be an issue you are seeing with 6.0 - as I think some of the roles have moved to virtual appliances and I'm not familiar with troubleshooting this version.
I am still using the same vCAC-6.0 beta bits that was released few weeks back (for the first time). I would be interested in knowing if there ware any follow-ons for that.
First, I verified that all VCAC services are running under VCAC\Administrator credentials (which, they do). I then restarted all those services, which seemed to have solved my problem.
After restarting the services, when I tried to delete the existing Endpoint that I already created before, I got this message :
I then saw more error messages in the Log windows. Some of them I haven't seen before (or may be, I didn't notice them before)
But when I tried create a new fabric group, I was able to see the resources from my vCenter Server this time.
Verified the Agent is OK.
I will continue with the rest of the exercise but would like to know:
a) If the error messages are fatal
b) If there are any new beta build released recently
I just reproduced this by stopping and restarting the manager service while leaving the agent service running which is listed in your screenshots as the "vCloud Automation Center Service". This SOAP service is anonymous but accepts a key as a parameter from the "vSphereAgent" service, which will continue to ping the SOAP service while the manager service is restarting.
If this error persists over and over again it's definitely not functioning properly but it would like be in install issue or a windows setting like the below blocking access to the service which i would recommend restarting this service. However, if the error goes away after after 15 secs or so then the error was a transient disruption in services and should be treated as a warning and ignored.
There is a bug to have this error message changed to a warning and supply some more context as I have above.
It did appear initially that this service was not installed or functioning properly, and perhaps your restart or reconfiguration of the service accounts fixed this, but the disruption may have shown up again when you restarted. As far as I know, this service would report an error if it could not create the service and bind it to the ports.
I'm not sure the release schedule to answer b).
Just to add to this thread the error seems to happen for vCAC 5.2 hotfix 5. Fortunately for my customer it is only happening once and this is after a reboot.
I just wanted to comment that I did experience the same problem. In my case the problem was caused by the endpoint name configured in my environment which did not match with the 'expectations' of the agent. In my case, I had named the endpoint after the vCenter server to which it pointed. However, the agent was expecting the endpoint to be named 'vCenter' and not a DNS name. If you check the error messages in your log file, you will notice that the following is also logged:
This exception was caught: The attached endpoint 'vCenter' cannot be found.
The error message means that the agent cannot find an endpoint named vCenter.
Hope this is useful for someone someday.
I had encountered the same problem, I will just tell you how I solved it, hopefully the same process may apply to you.
1) Make sure the vcac user account has administrator privileges in vSphere. Use this account to create the credential point. Note: before you go further make sure you can login into vSphere with that service account. You don't need to use the domain name in front of the user name.
2) Make sure you use the vSphere server's IP or FQDN in the following URL: https://vcenter-FQDN/sdk
Hope it's gonna work for you as well. Lemme know!!!