VMware Cloud Community
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

vCAC 6 Infrastructure Admin role not authorized

Hi,

I have VCAC up and running, and I've assigned myself to be both the tenant and infrastructure admins for the default tenant of vsphere.local.

I can login, but I can't perform any actions under the Infrastructure Admin menus.

Every item gives me the following error:

• Your account is not authorized to perform the requested action. Please contact your administrator.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Bala1182002
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Please , log in to vsphere.local credentials and assign your AD account as a infrastructure administrator /tenent administrator . then you can see all the tabs listed.

0 Kudos
sayeedsaladin
Contributor
Contributor

Can you please explain how I would do that step you suggested.  Where do I need to log in using vsphere.local credentials.  Also do I use the https: site of the IasS server for that?

0 Kudos
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

As my original post states, I've already done this... I can login as the Tenant Admin, and I can login as the Infrastructure Admin, but all the menu items under the Infrastructure tab show me the message:

• Your account is not authorized to perform the requested action. Please contact your administrator.
0 Kudos
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Yes, you're on the right track.

You need to login to the web interface on the VCAC appliance itself (not the Identity appliance, or the IAAS server).

Your URL would look something like:

https://<ipaddress/dns>/shell-ui/app

The default login is administrator@vsphere.local

0 Kudos
Bala1182002
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vsphere.local /vcac.local are SSO administrator credentials. You can login to vcac console using SSO credentials or you can login as  root account of vCAC appliance. If you login with these accounts you can see only tenent, branding ,emailn part .  On the default tenant configuration you can add your AD accounts. AD accounts can see all the menus & tabs.

0 Kudos
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Ok, so it seems this is a problem with the browser. I can access the menu items through Firefox (by accepting the certificate to the VCAC server).

I'm told by VMware support that this is or was a bug that has been fixed...

Can anyone confirm the release build version of their VCAC server? (should be at the bottom of the page once you've logged in...)

Thanks,
Alex

0 Kudos
VirtualSimon
Contributor
Contributor

This is still an issue in vCAC 6.0.1 - I just did a fresh install with the binaries released yesterday.

it took me a while to find this, it isn't a typical browser type bug - doesn't work in Chrome or IE but fine in FF

😕

0 Kudos
pizzle85
Expert
Expert

I'm having this same issue in 6.0.1. It works randomly in chrome and FF (latest versions). IE 11 with compatibility mode doesn't work at all. I did not have this issue in any browser with 6.0.0.

0 Kudos
pizzle85
Expert
Expert

This ended up being the result of the times being out of sync between the SSO, vCAC and IaaS servers.

0 Kudos