VMware Cloud Community
tjrigario
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ITBM Standard Licensing Issue - Token Expired

Folks, having a wierd issue that I can't seem to resolve. I have an instance of vRealize Automation w/Business Standard. Initially I had used a trial license for my instance of ITBM Standard which has since expired. The problem is that after the trial license expired, I'm unable to apply a new license. When using the GUI, I get the message that the "License is not valid"...however I know that this particular key is valid. When I examine the catalina.out log, I see the error message:

2015-04-09 12:09:01,849 vcac: [component="cafe:event-log" priority="ERROR" thread="taskScheduler-1" tenant=""] org.springframework.scheduling.support.TaskUtils$LoggingErrorHandler.handleError:95 - Unexpected error occurred in scheduled task.

org.springframework.web.client.HttpClientErrorException: 401 Token expiration date: Tue Mar 17 21:14:03 EDT 2015 is in the past.

I've literally tried everything I can think of to fix this - even redeployed the ITBM virtual appliance. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tjrigario
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have figured out what the problem was. There are invalid keys in the partner-issued licenses which were causing the issue. If anyone is using the keys expiring Jul-15-2015...beware!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

If the token is in the past, then you've got a time sync issue. Check NTP is consistent between all VAs, and if you must use host time, try a DRS affinity rule so that your VAs are all getting time from the same host

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos
tjrigario
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks - I checked the time and everything is in sync. It doesn't appear that the key is even being validated. I immediately get the message around "Key Invalid".

0 Kudos
tjrigario
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have figured out what the problem was. There are invalid keys in the partner-issued licenses which were causing the issue. If anyone is using the keys expiring Jul-15-2015...beware!

0 Kudos