VMware Cloud Community
dmogan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cannot see VMFS storage from Virtual Center

Hello,

We recently added several new LUNs to our ESX servers.

Using esxcfg-rescan successfully picked up the new LUNs and they are now formatted VMFS and visible/accessible from all of the ESX servers.

The problem is that I cannot see the new storage in Virtual Center. I can only see the previously exsiting storage.

Is there anyway to force VC to refresh host information so that I can select this new storage when deploying VMs.

Thanks for your help.

drew

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can go into the VC server, select a host and go to Configuration, Storage Adapters and do a Rescan for LUNs and VMFS volumes. You can also go to Configuration, Storage and click Refresh. If that dopes not work you can try restarting the VC server service.

fyi...if you find this post helpful, please award points using the Helpful/Correct buttons...thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can go into the VC server, select a host and go to Configuration, Storage Adapters and do a Rescan for LUNs and VMFS volumes. You can also go to Configuration, Storage and click Refresh. If that dopes not work you can try restarting the VC server service.

fyi...if you find this post helpful, please award points using the Helpful/Correct buttons...thanks

0 Kudos
dmogan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Refresh worked. Thanks...drew

0 Kudos