VMware Cloud Community
SauroDp
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Update Manager link error

Hi, all.

I'm in my first installation of VI 3. I had installed an ESX server 3.5 upd 1 and a VC 2.5, with a foundation license.

Followed all docs about install & config of Update Manager (UM) and client on the same PC where resides VC, but when i try to execute U.M. task it fails with the following error:

"Web site hosting the update signatures and update packages cannot be reached."

I had tried to config UM either with a proxy (in the same mode of internet explorer - like all other PC in our organization) or without a proxy and PC net configured in NAT mode, but the result is always the same.

Any help is appraised and more...

Best Regards. Thanks.

P.S. Attached file is the htm log exported from UM event viewer.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
merse
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hiya,

Can you confirm that you're using the Update Manager service account in the proxy authentication?

Thanks,

merse

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
merse
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Do you need to authenticate on your proxy? If so you'll need to run:

C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Update Manager\VUM-proxyauthcfg.exe (or whatever your install path is)

merse

0 Kudos
SauroDp
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi merse, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I had already used VUM-proxyauthcfg.exe to set proxy authentication, like as edit directly other .xml files, like suggested in other doc or discussion in communities, to set proxy ip and port, in my many test, ... but without results ...

Best regards, Sauro.

0 Kudos
merse
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hiya,

Can you confirm that you're using the Update Manager service account in the proxy authentication?

Thanks,

merse

0 Kudos
SauroDp
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi merse and very tanks, Smiley Happy It's OK.

Update Manager starts (as default) with local system account and setting the proxy authentication with the same user that logon pc where VC / UM resides the link to vmware site di UM is established... (but, is documented in some place that the account MUST BE the same, ... I don't found this specification out of your council).

Renew thanks,

Sauro.

0 Kudos