VMware Cloud Community
kaka_humbe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Imapct of Vmotion getting disconnected

Team,

I am having a maint. on the Nework swith so the Vmotion connection on 6 ESX 3.0.2 server which are part of a cluster would get disconnected for few minutes. Would this result in getting the virtual workstations shutting down and getting migrated to another ESX or it will not have any imapct on them. I plan to disable the HA feature of the cluster. Sorry may sound silly but the firts time facing this situation. Would appreciate a reply

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rubeck
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Disconnection the VMmotion interface only does not impact VM's... You might see some errors, but that should be it. HA doesn't require VMmotion.

I would put DRS into manual mode while the maint. is gouing on so it dosn't try to move VMs around in this period of time.

But again... I would always disable HA when network maint. is being carried out... Just to be on the "safe" side, IMO.

/Rubeck

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Rubeck
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Disconnection the VMmotion interface only does not impact VM's... You might see some errors, but that should be it. HA doesn't require VMmotion.

I would put DRS into manual mode while the maint. is gouing on so it dosn't try to move VMs around in this period of time.

But again... I would always disable HA when network maint. is being carried out... Just to be on the "safe" side, IMO.

/Rubeck

0 Kudos
kaka_humbe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Rubeck,

I too thought so but was not sure. Thanks a lot for your help.

0 Kudos