VMware Cloud Community
espi3030
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

ESX time

Greetings all,

Can someone please enlighten me on how to set the time on my ESX hosts via the command console? Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you are looking just to set the time - the date command will you to set date and time - - if you looking to conifgure your esx host to synchronize with an NTP source check out - for ESX 3.0.x - if you are running ESX 3.5 you can do it through the VI Client -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you are looking just to set the time - the date command will you to set date and time - - if you looking to conifgure your esx host to synchronize with an NTP source check out - for ESX 3.0.x - if you are running ESX 3.5 you can do it through the VI Client -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
espi3030
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

weinstein5,

Thank you, I was initially just looking at setting the time individually on my ESX hosts. But, once I saw how easy it is to configure NTP I followed the second link you provided.

0 Kudos