VMware Edu & Cert Community
egandolfi0611
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Where did it go?

Working on studying upgrading Vsphere for VCP 4. The latest vSphere client does not give the option to install the vSphere Host Update Utility. The exam blueprint still refers to documentation with this utility in it, Does it still exist? Thanks!

Eddie

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The Update Utility was part of the vSphere Client in version 4.0 only. It's not neither supported nor included in 4.1 anymore.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The Update Utility was part of the vSphere Client in version 4.0 only. It's not neither supported nor included in 4.1 anymore.

André

0 Kudos
egandolfi0611
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply Andre. One less thing to study LOL.

Eddie

0 Kudos
AndreTheGiant
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

One great help is that VCP4 is a generic vSphere 4.x exam.

So nothing specific on vSphere 4.0 or 4.1... only common parts.

Andrew | http://about.me/amauro | http://vinfrastructure.it/ | @Andrea_Mauro
0 Kudos
egandolfi0611
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I see that there are definitely changes from 4.0 to 4.1 in maximums as well as feature. For instance, initially Data Recovery was not available in the Standard version however it is now available as of 4.1 Update 1. They do not take these differences into account?

Eddie

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

As per Andre's reply, the VCP4 exam will only contain items that are generic across all 4.x versions and updates. So you won't be asked a question as per your example as the answer would be different for different versions/updates.

Scott.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos