VMware Edu & Cert Community
UmeshAhuja
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Time period to give exam after attending the training

Hi,

What is the time period to give exam after attending the training ? Means Is there any time frame that after attending the training within 1 Year I have to give the exam ?

Thanks n Regards
Umesh Ahuja

If your query resolved then please consider awarding points by correct or helpful marking.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There is no expiration date set as to when you can take the exam.  As long as the exam is offered, you will be able to take it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There is no expiration date set as to when you can take the exam.  As long as the exam is offered, you will be able to take it.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Exam vouchers expire, so if you have one of those make sure you use it before it does.

But the training validity for the certification does not expire as Troy says.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
UmeshAhuja
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks.

So I have attended VCP 5.0 training last year so will I be get to attend the Exam for 5.0 or it will be for 5.1

Thanks n Regards
Umesh Ahuja

If your query resolved then please consider awarding points by correct or helpful marking.
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

There's only one exam for VCP 5, independent of the current vSphere version.

André

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The VCP510 exam is a 5.x exam.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

As Scott says Exam vouchers expire, however the period of validity of our course is usually 6 months after the release of the next major release, therefore if you took the ICM course you would have uapproximately 6 months after the release of vSphere ## to pass both the VCP5 and the VCP ## exams before you would have to take another course.

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos