VMware Edu & Cert Community
ckh1001
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Need offline ESXi bundle for VCP5 lab

The VCP5 lab I set up does not have internet access, since I can't download the offline bundle I need for Auto Dploy with an eval license is there any other way I can get it?  Can I connect my Auto Deploy server to the internet temporarily to use the online Depot? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You'll need Internet access from some system, then find a way of transferring your ESXi source to your AutoDeploy system, unless you can give it access temporarily of course...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You'll need Internet access from some system, then find a way of transferring your ESXi source to your AutoDeploy system, unless you can give it access temporarily of course...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
ckh1001
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks  scott28tt, My VCP lab is built on VMware Workstation 8 and I was able to get a bundle from VMware's online depot by temporarily adding a bridged interface that has Internet access to the VM I'm running vCenter Server/VUM/Auto Deploy on and then exporting the Image Profile to a .zip file with the "Export-EsxImageProfile" PowerCLI command. Once I had .zip file it was pretty easy to add it to an offline depot and get Auto Deploy working.

0 Kudos