VMware Edu & Cert Community
JHier
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How soon can we register to take the VCP510 exam for recertification before it expires in April of 2015?

I passed the VCP510 a year ago in April of 2013.  As we all know now, we must recertify by April of next year.

I was hoping to register on the VMware website and schedule the exam well in advance.

I'm doing this because my employer will pay for the exam but I must complete all the paperwork by the end of this month.

When I try to register on the VMware website (VCP5-DCV) VCP-Data Center Virtualization and click the blue button I get the following message

Error! The test you requested is unavailable.

Course: VCP5-DCV Exam (VCP510)

Explanation: You have already passed this exam, please go to myTranscript to view it.

Would anyone here be able to guide me in the right direction?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You don't have to take VCP550 - you can also recertify your VCP5-DCV by passing a VCP exam in another discipline (Cloud or Desktop), or a VCAP exam.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JHier
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I've been informed of my error.

I was trying to register for the same exam I took previously.  VCP510

Once I selected the VCP550 exam, everything went through as expected.

Thanks

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You don't have to take VCP550 - you can also recertify your VCP5-DCV by passing a VCP exam in another discipline (Cloud or Desktop), or a VCAP exam.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
JoshuaAndrewsVM
Jump to solution

posting on Reddit and the communities?  Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
JHier
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yup... Reddit and here.  My window for getting my Boss to approve the exam was closing.

Nice to see another Redditor here 😃

0 Kudos