VMware Edu & Cert Community
ferndo
Contributor
Contributor

Exam Confusion

Hello to all, this is my first question and english is not my language so i expect you forgive me and not shame myself with my lack of knowledge.

The fact is that i was trying to re-eschedule a VCP410 exam that i failed time ago. I went to Pearson web page and saw that i have a lot of adittional exams to choose including VCP510 and i can schedule it. I thought that putting the VCP ID from the course i've studied ( VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V4.1]) it will show only the available exams for me. Could you tell me please if i am wrong? Do you know if it's any kind of actualization or offer from vmware? or Pearson show me the exams and i should choose right or the exam day they will point me with the finger and say Ha,ha!?

If i understood well, i read in other threads that there is no expiration for VCP410, it's correct? I finished my course on 23-Mar-2011

Thank you in advance and kind regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I can't really tell you how Pearson's search works. However, with the course you mentioned you actually have two options to become VCP. Either sit and pass the VCP410 exam, or attend a "VMware vSphere: What's new [v5.x]" course and pass the VCP510 exam.

Please take a look at http://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=22519&ui=www_cert for details.

André

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Book the VCP410 exam via this link: http://pearsonvue.com/vmware/schedule/

The site does not validate whether you have taken the pre-requisite training for the VCP4-DCV (as VCP4 is now called), so you should be able to book it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos