VMware Cloud Community
dwchan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How to uninstall Update Manager from a Virtual Center cleanly

I am at a client location when both VirtualCenter and Update Manager are not setup in an optimial way (i.e. SQL is local to VirtualCenter, and Update Manager is install on top of its). It is also an older version of VirtualCenter 2.5 that in need of update Smiley Wink What I am trying to first (prior to separate the database from the local host is to uninstall Update Manager as cleanly as possible). I already uninstall Update Manager without any issue. However, I notices there are at least few tables that are still embedded in the current VirtualCenter Database.

Question Smiley Wink Is there a sql script that I can run that would remove the unnecessary update manager database/tables from the current virtual center database? (when the original engineer who install this, he put both VC and UM on the same database). Or is this something I have to live with? Or can I remove the tables manually?

dwc

0 Kudos
1 Reply
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Question Smiley Wink Is there a sql script that I can run that would remove the unnecessary update manager database/tables from the current virtual center database? (when the original engineer who install this, he put both VC and UM on the same database).

Nothing that I know of.

Or is this something I have to live with? Or can I remove the tables manually?

I was in the same situation. Since it was a small installation and the customer did not care about any historical performance data, I did a fresh installation of vCenter. If this is no option for you, I recommend to leave the VC DB as is and just create a new VUM DB.

André

0 Kudos