VMware Horizon Community
rmayes
Contributor
Contributor

ThinApp - read 'physical' files in 'Program Files'

I have a (full, not-streaming) ThinApp that needs to connect to different databases based on the view pool that it is being run from. I'm using Appsense to detect the view pool and then copy in a config file that determines the database for the application to use. The config file normally resides in the application's "Program Files" folder, but during the ThinApp capture, I removed the config file so that the only config file that could be used is the one that gets copied.

I'm having trouble figuring out where to copy this config file so the the ThinApp will see it. A couple of things I have tried:

- Set the isolation mode of the application's "Program Files" folder to "WriteCopy" and then...

- ...created the folder on the VM and placed the config file in side of it.

- ...created the folder in %Appdata%\Roaming\Thinstall\[application]\%ProgramFilesDir%\ and then placed the config file in side of it.

I thought that setting the "WriteCopy" isolation mode on that folder should have been they key to force the ThinApp to look at the "physical" machine for the file instead of the "virtual" or sandbox since it didn't have it. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rmayes
Contributor
Contributor

Nevermind- this actually works exactly as it should. I mixed up config files and was copying an old/invalid one. Creating the Program Files folder with the config in it worked.

0 Kudos
Cievo
Commander
Commander

Do you see file inside virtual bubble? You can check it by enabling virtual debugging entry point cmd.exe and runnung it.

***Good question is half of the answer...***
0 Kudos