VMware Horizon Community
Schraeger
Contributor
Contributor

Internet Explorer 8 with Applink Adobe Reader 9

I have customer base that has to go to a state run website and fillout a PDF form.  That form has a macro or some type of button than when clicked will populate the form.   Adobe reader x is not supported and the latest version they support is 9.  I have packaged 9 seperatly and have IE8 nativly in my Win7 environment (many of the sites my customers have to go with do not fully support IE9).  I have also packaged IE8 seperatly and applinked them.  I have applinked them using 2 different methods.

Method 1.  2 seperate packages with Adobe 9 in a plugin folder in IE8 and the optionalapplinks enabled and ThinDirect pointing to the states website.

Method 2.  Adobe 9 with an entrypoint for IE8 and ThinDirect pointing to the proper site

When I go to the website in the native IE browser thindirect properly redirects to the ThinApp'd IE8.

When I try to open the PDF the browser crashes in either method.  IF I do not applink them it works but the form will never load.

I need some assistance..I can't seem to figure out how to make this work.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

To isolate applink or thindirect, does it work if you capture Adobe reader 9 and IE8 together in one project, and run the package on the capturing machine to directly access those sites?

0 Kudos
Schraeger
Contributor
Contributor

They both work the same.

I wa able to kinda resolve it be packaging it with IE6 but it still does not work.  The page displayes in IE6 and when I click on a details tab it will pull the PDF. When I try to click on a button to populate the form I tries to open the native browser.

0 Kudos