VMware Horizon Community
Speedbmp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

thinapped app will not start correctly

ok here is the problem. if windows explorer crashes for any reason the thinapped program looks like it is going to start, however it will not start. however if you go in to the processes tab you will see the thinapped program running. however the program is not available to the user to use.

the only way to "fix" the problem is to reboot the users desktop.

user workstations

Windows 7 64bit

Stephen

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Pankaj11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi

So as I understand, the issue is that:

1. lets say Windows explorer crashes.

2. Launch the ThinApped application, though you can see the process in task manager, but no UI comes up for the user to use.

- Can you kill the ThinApped process, clean the sandbox and start again, see if it helps?

- Does relaunching explorer.exe help?

Which application are you trying to virtualize here?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Speedbmp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

yep that is correct.

i have killed the thinapped application process, cleaned the sandbox and tried to restart the app. i get the same result.

explorer.exe restarts itself.

Stephen

0 Kudos
Speedbmp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The progam is called Accubid.

0 Kudos
Pankaj11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Thanks. I am not sure if I can find a trial download for this app. Can you please provide me with Log Monitor trace file for this scenario?

0 Kudos
Speedbmp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

what would be the correct way to run the log monitor trace for this.

Stephen

0 Kudos
Pankaj11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I think the steps would be:

1. Windows explorer crashes.

2. Launch Log Monitor, (make sure that "Suspend" check box is unchecked in the Log Monitor UI)

3. Launch the ThinApped application, and now you would observe that the UI is not coming up even though the process can be seen in the task manager, let it remain in this state for lets say 10-15 secs and then just kill the application.

4. Upload the log file.

Also, if the explorer hasn't crashed then the ThinApped application comes up fine, right? Also, have you compared this behavior with normally installed application, lets say if explorer crashes in that case then does the installed app have any issue?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Speedbmp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i can do that.

yes if Explorer did not crash the app works just fine.

Stephen

0 Kudos
Speedbmp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i sent you an email with a link to get the log files.

Stephen

0 Kudos