VMware Horizon Community
VMhadi
Contributor
Contributor

Application works on ThinApp 4.5 but Not 4.6

I am sorry if anyone has asked this question before. I am just wondering if anyone knows why an application would work if captured and build on thinApp version 4.5 but not 4.6. I have already seen a few, one of the example is SAS Enterprise Guide 4.1.

Thank you. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Phil_Helmling
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It might be related to the new ProcessExternalNameBehavior=WhitelistFriendly setting (default) - discussed here:

http://blogs.vmware.com/thinapp/2011/02/vmware-thinapp-461-whats-new.html

You could edit the package.ini and add the following to the [BuildOptions] section:

ProcessExternalNameBehavior=Original

some apps want to see the proper process name, but some don't.

Otherwise you will need to run log_monitor or process monitor to debug whats happening.

Phil

0 Kudos
VMhadi
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Phil,

I tried ProcessExternalNameBehavior=Original but it has no effect. I ran logging and found a few microsoft.windows.common.control.dll failure in potential errors while running process monitor didn't give me much, dr watson kicked off as soon as the ThinApp started and strangely process explorer bombed out with out of memory error as soon as the exe run...sounds like a hint to me. May I ask what do you look for in the thinapp logs normally? I must say my eyes goes teary everytime I look on it for more than 5 minutes.

Hadi

0 Kudos
Cievo
Commander
Commander

Can you, please, attach those log_monitor logs to this thread, so we can look at them?

***Good question is half of the answer...***
0 Kudos
VMhadi
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. Here it is.

0 Kudos
Cievo
Commander
Commander

Does this application need .NET Framework? If so, have thinapped it also with package?

Have you re-captured application or you used relink.exe utility to upgrade package to the newest version?

***Good question is half of the answer...***
0 Kudos
VMhadi
Contributor
Contributor

It does not need .NET. I have tried capturing it using 4.6 which didn't work and relink from 4.5 to 4.6 didn't work either with the same message.

0 Kudos