VMware Horizon Community
useport80
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

[question/help] delete pool folder in view administrator console

hey all,

someone at my office created a folder for pools but made a typo and i'm trying to delete the pool folder, but i can't find out how i do it.

since it's kinda hard to describe, i'll try to detail it as much as possible.

when i am in vmware view administrator, i click "Pools" on the left pane and it will list all of my pools on the right pane. On the toolbar, there is an area that says "Folder:" and then a drop down box to the right of it that says "All". If i click the drop down box, i will see "All", "/", and "typo'd pool".

How do i go about deleting this "typo'd pool" ? there aren't actually any pools assigned to this folder. I've moved all the pools to the "/" folder.

any ideas? thanks all

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vedeht
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Under view configuration, Administrators the folders tab shows up.  You can delete it from there.  You need to make sure that no desktop pools are inside of it or it won't let you delete it.  You can remove the desktop pool from the folder with out deleting it in View 5.1.

Screen Shot 2012-10-11 at 9.39.07 AM.png

Try our VMWare View Demo on www.virtualdojo.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vedeht
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Under view configuration, Administrators the folders tab shows up.  You can delete it from there.  You need to make sure that no desktop pools are inside of it or it won't let you delete it.  You can remove the desktop pool from the folder with out deleting it in View 5.1.

Screen Shot 2012-10-11 at 9.39.07 AM.png

Try our VMWare View Demo on www.virtualdojo.com
0 Kudos
useport80
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

can't believe i missed it.

ty so much.

0 Kudos